Author Topic: [Release] Quick Menu Plus - Function and style enhancements for the Quick Menu  (Read 36408 times)

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
Quick Menu Plus merges Quick Power, Quick Volume, and Rapidmenu, as well as adding new features.

Power off, restart, and standby buttons
    Configurable power buttons
    Volume slidebar
    Faster Quick Menu open time
    Custom background styles

Download

Installation

Supported firmware versions:

Retail 3.60-3.73
    Testkit 3.60, 3.65
    Devkit 3.60

Install under *main of your taiHEN config.

Code: [Select]
*main
ur0:/tai/quickmenuplus.suprx

Configuration

Put files in the directory ur0:/data/quickmenuplus to configure Quick Menu Plus.

pushtime.txt sets the Quick Menu PS button push time. Put in the file the desired push time in microseconds. For example, put 250000 for 250 milliseconds. If the file does not exist, the default time is 500 milliseconds.

standbyisrestart.txt sets the standby button to function as a restart button. Put in the file 1 to enable, or 0 to disable. If the file does not exist, the default is enabled on the Vita, and disabled on the PSTV. When this setting is disabled, hold the "Power Off・Restart" button to restart, and press to power off.

bgstyle.txt sets the background style. Put in the file 0 for original, 1 for translucent, and 2 for black. If the file does not exist, the default is translucent. Black can reduce power consumption for OLED screens. The gradient effect is removed in all styles.

Credits

Princess-of-Sleeping: Tip for SceShellUtil, ScePaf
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 07:02:22 PM by cuevavirus »

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
Quick Power, Quick Volume, and Rapidmenu has been merged into one plugin.

Changes for version 2.0.0

- Merged Quick Power, Quick Volume, and Rapidmenu
- Configurable Quick Menu open time
- Configurable power buttons
- Custom background styles and other visual enhancements
- Fixed a bug where SceShell's internal state becomes inconsistent
- Support testkit firmware 3.60
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 07:02:40 PM by cuevavirus »

Offline AceCuba

• End User
    • View Profile
an excellent job as always. I would like to inform you that I have run into a bug, because in my psvita fat 1000 with cfw enso 3.65, if I install this plugin together with jav plugin, the physical volume buttons stop working, it would be great if both pugins could coexist in the psvita. And if in the future there is a VPK that allows you to configure the different options such as time, suspend or reset or the theme of the plugin in a quick and simple way, it would already be something incredible. Slds and thank you very much for your attention

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
This is a taihen bug but I will create a workaround.

https://github.com/yifanlu/taiHEN/pull/88

EDIT: workaround released https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,46.msg792.html#msg792
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:15:07 AM by cuevavirus »

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
I would like to inform you that I have run into a bug, because in my psvita fat 1000 with cfw enso 3.65, if I install this plugin together with jav plugin, the physical volume buttons stop working

I have released a new version of JAV with a workaround https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,46.msg792.html#msg792

I'm really digging this plugin. But an issue I have with it (essentially an issue with how the Vita works), and it's really just a nitpick - the plugin works great, but I can't set it to open the quick menu any faster than 201 milliseconds. Any faster than that triggers the exit menu for the app that's open at the time. Any chance that custom button mappings to exit the currently open app could be implemented?

It may be possible to swap the function of holding and pressing the PS button. Adding additional items to the quick menu is too difficult at the moment.

Offline AceCuba

• End User
    • View Profile
this plugin in combination with a vpk app to change easy the setings of the plugin will be awesome .sorry for my english

Offline dkrmdi

• End User
    • View Profile
Having pushtime.txt in ur0:/data/quickmenuplus makes PS button malfunction. The PS button only brings up quick menu. It cannot be used for any other functions. Setting the values to 500 also renders it unusable.

The problem does not happen if pushtime.txt is absent. I don't need to change the push time, so I'll just use it without pushtime.txt, but I thought I should let others know. It does not seem to be an incompatibility with other plugins. I'm using FW3.60 enso. Thank you always.

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
The value in pushtime.txt is in microseconds. If you have put 500 then that is 0.5 milliseconds. If you want to set to 500 milliseconds then put 500000.

Offline NeoTechni

• End User
    • View Profile
CFn you please force the wifi toggle to appear on VitaTV?

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
CFn you please force the wifi toggle to appear on VitaTV?

I received the same request when I first made quick power and quick volume, and while it is possible, there are graphical glitches so it does not look good, and you are liable to accidentally turn off bluetooth or turn on airplane mode because those show up as well. Maybe I can try this again in the future.

Offline MadZiontist

• End User
    • View Profile
Quote from: MadZiontist
I'm really digging this plugin. But an issue I have with it (essentially an issue with how the Vita works), and it's really just a nitpick - the plugin works great, but I can't set it to open the quick menu any faster than 201 milliseconds. Any faster than that triggers the exit menu for the app that's open at the time. Any chance that custom button mappings to exit the currently open app could be implemented?

Quote from: cuevavirus
It may be possible to swap the function of holding and pressing the PS button. Adding additional items to the quick menu is too difficult at the moment.

I'm sorry, I had missed your reply somehow. I ended up deleting my post, thinking it was kind of a ridiculous request. Thank you for responding. I'm actually now content with 201 milliseconds being the limit. Everything works great for me with this plugin, for the most part. I do have a request though, that I feel would make it even better, that I hope you will consider. I thought I had posted this before, but it looks like I didn't.

What I hope you could do, in the same way the "Power Off - Restart" option works by tapping the button once for power off and holding it down for the Vita to restart, is to make a dual option "Standby - Sleep" button, where you tap once for standby and hold for sleep. I call it sleep, because I'm not sure what mode it actually is called. But from what I've read, and noticed how my Vita works is that there are two modes. The following was posted by user Garfield64 on GameFAQs.

Standby:

1. Wifi/GPS/3G will work and stay connected.
2. Downloads will download.
3. You will recieve Near/Location/Gifts/Messages.

Sleep? (after a certain number of minutes it goes into this mode)

1. Wifi/GPS/3G will disconnect.
2. Downloads will not download.
3. You will not receive Near/Location/Gifts/Messages.

I'm not sure to what extent the Quick Menu can be modded, but this would make for a nice little improvement. Thanks for all of the works you share, by the way.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 11:30:20 AM by MadZiontist »

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
If I understand correctly you want to be able to enter sleep mode directly? If that is the case I think it is possible. I'm planning to release an update for Quick Menu Plus with a few other changes so I will take this into consideration.

Offline MadZiontist

• End User
    • View Profile
If I understand correctly you want to be able to enter sleep mode directly? If that is the case I think it is possible. I'm planning to release an update for Quick Menu Plus with a few other changes so I will take this into consideration.

Sorry for the late reply. I missed the notification. But yeah that would be dope if the standby button could be configured to enter standby after tapping once, and sleep mode by holding the button for a couple of seconds. Thanks for considering it!