Author Topic: [Release] Music Premium - plugin to enable background music play for any game  (Read 20281 times)

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
Music Premium

PlayStation Vita plugin to enable background music play for any game or application.

Download

Features:

- Enable background music play globally with one line of config
- Fully compatible with every game and app including Adrenaline and RetroArch
- Music playback with VitaShell and ElevenMPV with the screen off

Installation

Supported firmware versions:

- Retail 3.60-3.73

Install under *KERNEL of your taiHEN config.

Code: [Select]
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/music_premium.skprx

Credits

GrapheneCt for original idea.

Changelog

v1.0.6

- Reduced memory usage from toolchain improvements
- Internal improvements

v1.0.5

- Fixed a bug in opcode decoder

v1.0.4

- Allow music play with the screen off when music is played with Vitashell or ElevenMPV

v1.0.3

- Improved workaround for Adrenaline bug

v1.0.2

- Restore game audio in Pspemu

v1.0.1

- Fixed crash bugs
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 07:03:17 PM by cuevavirus »

Offline as905

• End User
    • View Profile
@cuevavirus any idea why i get ((The Audio Has Been Paused)) error when starting some Vita games ? fw 3.60

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
which games?

Offline as905

• End User
    • View Profile
first of all thanks for caring to reply :)

not sure which game but i think i have found the issue,if audio playback finish i can't press play again i have to close the audio app & the game then start again for it to work in game. i think this was the issue because it just happened now with the great luftrausers game.

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
I started music playback and started luftrausers and let the song finish, but I could restart it still in the music app. Not sure if it's the same as what you did but I haven't been able to reproduce this.

Offline as905

• End User
    • View Profile
yes you are right track will play in game but for me i had to move the slider to get working again,clicking on play doesn't do anything !! anyway this error has nothing to do with your app. many thanks for offering support for your great work

Offline Geckes123

• End User
    • View Profile
Hello there!

I am using Enso 3.65 with an sd2vita, and I have installed the music premium plugin through autoplugin(II.).
The plugin works fine with everything except with adrenaline. While my music plays in the background the Adrenaline emu is going to be mute. If I stop playing music, then the emu unmutes :(.
Is this an sd2vita issue --> or should I try earlier releases out, because as I read this issue was targeted by earlier releases and maybe the newest version has something to do with it. (or is it going to be fixed? if that is possible.)

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
The plugin works fine with everything except with adrenaline.

This is a problem with adrenaline not this plugin. So this has to be fixed in adrenaline. Music is output through the bgm port. When using pspemu normally, the bgm port is used for game audio and this plugin will redirect game audio to the voice port. However adrenaline opens both the bgm and voice ports. I recommend using chovy-sign instead of adrenaline.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 03:47:21 AM by cuevavirus »

Offline Geckes123

• End User
    • View Profile
Oh good to know and thank you for the info. Then I will give chovy-s. a shot.