Author Topic: [META] Unable to download on PS Vita  (Read 6033 times)

Offline bryan

• End User
    • View Profile
[META] Unable to download on PS Vita
« on: May 11, 2021, 05:33:17 PM »
I do appreciate that you guys are keeping the forum (and forums in general) but it looks like I can't download anything here when accessed through Vita's browserwhich I believe is a significant issue especially considering you have unique content on this forum without any mirrors elsewhere.

Thanks CBPS and all the cute girls    dead or dying.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:48:30 PM by bryan »

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
Re: [META] Unable to download on PS Vita
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 04:50:31 AM »
That's probably a tls issue since this forum uses cloudflare. Even if tls 1.0 is enabled in cloudflare, unsupported ciphers may be used by cloudflare. There is itls-enso which you can install on your vita to get around this.

Offline bryan

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 10:13:11 AM »
There is itls-enso which you can install on your vita to get around this.
It's a shame Cloudflare is used but using iTLS-Enso won't let you circumvent this. I already have it installed and can download files on Github but not here.

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 12:04:42 AM »
I think the forum attachments here are missing a HTTP header required for download on the Vita, which a shortcoming of the Vita's software. Unfortunately this forum regularly receives denial of service attacks, including from members of other Vita homebrew development groups. One of the mitigation methods is Cloudflare.

Offline chrisdevchroma

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 01:18:14 AM »
Sadly that is the truth, some people don't want this forum to stay around.
Even having TLS 1.0 is a slight problem, but willing to keep that around to support legacy platforms.

Offline bryan

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 06:12:09 AM »
I think the forum attachments here are missing a HTTP header required for download on the Vita, which a shortcoming of the Vita's software.

I see, the elites must be at it again! Regardless, there are binaries on this forum that I'd like to download like RIF Ripper, CBPSTube, PS Mini Store. Is there any way these can be mirrored on Github? Although I am not a fan of the site, at least it allows me to download files.

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 05:46:13 PM »
RIF Ripper and PS Mini Store are hosted on my website rather than this forum. If those cannot be downloaded on the Vita, then I have no idea what's wrong. In any case, you can download on a phone or computer and transfer it to your Vita by FTP.

Offline bryan

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 01:45:07 PM »
If those cannot be downloaded on the Vita, then I have no idea what's wrong.
Yes, neither can those hosted on your website be downloaded on Vita. I currently do not have access to any other devices, so I will have to wait, I guess.