Author Topic: [Release] CBPSTube - Unofficial Youtube Application for PS Vita  (Read 31163 times)

Offline Graphene

• Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
[Release] CBPSTube - Unofficial Youtube Application for PS Vita
« on: February 17, 2021, 06:00:55 PM »
CBPSTube is unofficial Youtube application for PS Vita based on SCE VSL framework.

Key Features:

1. Supports all current Youtube features
2. Supports native 1280x720 playback on PS TV
3. Quickly access various youtube pages via sidebar menu (triangle button)

Installation:

1. Required. Install CapUnlocker plugin: https://github.com/GrapheneCt/CapUnlocker
Without this plugin your account information will not be saved and you will have to relogin each time you start the app
2. Install .vpk

Known limitations and bugs:

1. By default, youtube uses 360p resolution. You can change that to 720p in video playback settings (gear icon)
2. If video playback has been canceled during video player loading, it may get stuck on the video loading screen and playback controls will not show

How to close ads:

1. Once add starts playing, close it and press on the info icon near the "Ad" in the video player window
2. Select "Do not show this advertisement"

Button Controls:

L/R triggers - previous/next page
Cross - select
Square - load home page
Triangle - show/hide sidebar
Circle - previous page
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 06:11:55 PM by Graphene »

Offline W00fer

• End User
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] CBPSTube - Unofficial Youtube Application for PS Vita
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 09:25:44 PM »
Running the app it simply shuts down my Vita after a black screen.
And yes, I have installed CapUnlocker.skprx

EDIT: the shutdown is in the capunlocker.skprx. If I remove that, the Youtube app starts.
EDIT2: would be great if the app remembered the 720P option
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 01:48:21 AM by W00fer »

Offline JacekJagosz

• End User
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] CBPSTube - Unofficial Youtube Application for PS Vita
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 10:10:07 AM »
I just wanted to thank you for this app, it works great and I really enjoy using it, Vita actually makes a great device to watch YouTube.
It does crash sometimes, you can't pause, because after 30s it will reload the player and resume the playback, and the comment section is unusable, but the rest works exactly as it should. And the best feature of this app that doesn't in the browser is that it will start playing back videos at the point I finished them on other devices, and the app will also report to YT where it finished.