Console Hacking > General

frame pacing performance issue PS1/adrenaline

(1/4) > >>

kristianity77:
Hi all.

Ive signed up to these forums to try and give some feedback and maybe get some help with Adrenaline and using PS1 games on a normal PS Vita.

I too and having frame pacing issues in a lot of PS1 games (its easier to spot on 60fps titles like Alundra, Castlevania SOTN, Rayman etc) where the screen when scrolling will suddenly do small hitches when it should be smooth.

I tried the Adrenaline_User replacement file suggested earlier in the thread thinking this might help but it didnt and this has been an issue with Adrenaline since it began to my knowledge. 

I uploaded a video which shows what happens here:

https://youtu.be/modTAQROKU8

Its easy to spot if the video is viewed at 60fps in youtube.

This forum seems to be the most active I can find regarding PS Vita so thought I'd bring my issue here for help!

Im not using any compressed games or anything like that and have made sure adrenaline is running at 333mhz also.

The strange thing is, I also own the digital version of this game officially (which boots from the vita screen and doesnt touch adrenaline at all)  and this has none of the hitches.  Its the same for Castlevania (hitches on adrenaline, doesnt on PSN release)

chrisdevchroma:
Hi, you post has been split into a separate topic for more visibility as it isn't a issue specific with sharpscale.

dots_tb:
Could you tell us a little more about the graphical settings and other information about the setup (plugins and such) being used?

kristianity77:

--- Quote from: dots_tb on June 25, 2020, 06:39:43 AM ---Could you tell us a little more about the graphical settings and other information about the setup (plugins and such) being used?

--- End quote ---

I've tried with every graphic setting off as a last resort.  So everything in adrenaline original .  There are no plugins in adrenaline I basically have nothing but a clean install of adrenaline.  It's a ps vita slim.  Sd2vita.  400gb SanDisk card (have tried others too to rule the sd card out).

I've also tested on a vita oled and get the same issues.  There is no stutter on psp games in adrenaline, they are totally fine.

I've had my vita years and to my knowledge this has always been an issue ever since adrenaline came out.  It was made "better" in the latest but one release (can be seen on release notes) but it's not properly fixed.

It's an easy spot on ps1 games that are 2d and run at 60fps.  So games like Alundra, Castlevania, klonoa, Megaman titles, einhnader, rtype delta,Rayman are all easy to spot the issue.

It's not as easy to see on 30fps titles because the frame rate is halved as standard, although it's still evident.

zy:
Hi OP,

Please take a look at sharpscale topic
There a user by the name crueltott uploaded a new version of adrenaline that fixed the pacing for castlevania sotn.

Let us know if that version he posted (in page 3 or 4) helps out

https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,112.45.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version