Author Topic: [Release] Persona 4 Golden 1920x1080 and 1280x720 patch for Vita and PSTV  (Read 50434 times)

Offline LPHero55

• End User
    • View Profile
Sorry, I'm running the 1080p version, so I'm not entirely sure. Maybe try setting Scaling mode to Original in the Sharpscale Configuration Menu. If that doesn't work, you can also try going to Setting > Sound and Display and changing the TV resolution to 720p (default is automatic).

Thanks, I'll have to try that. I couldn't earlier cuz I had to go to work

teakhanirons

Amazing work. wonder if the new PC release can be used to create 1080p and 720p UI assets and character portraits. The PC version still looks a little rough around the edges and I think I'll stick to my Vita TV for now.

ShrineFox says the they were just ran through waifu2x:

https://twitter.com/ShrineFoxMods/status/1271883006421151744

Offline Niko of Death

• End User
    • View Profile
1080p is possible at 30Hz, but there are some issues that I haven't been able to resolve. For example, some games will run at half the speed it normally runs at.
Wouldn't it be possible to have an option to enable it for just P4G (or, rather, games with 1920x1080 patches in general)?

Offline Diminuendo

• End User
    • View Profile
ShrineFox says the they were just ran through waifu2x:

https://twitter.com/ShrineFoxMods/status/1271883006421151744

Wow, the new assets look pretty good for being upscaled. might look into uprezing the assets myself for a 720p game. I know nothing about vita hacking so this will be interesting.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 11:18:46 AM by Diminuendo »

Offline awdrifter

• End User
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to make a 1600x900 resolution mod? I'm playing with the 1080 mod and the slowdowns a bit too often in battles. Thanks.

Offline omnicloud7

• End User
    • View Profile
This is really awesome. I managed to make the normal Sharpscale + VitaGrafix work on my PS TV and I really liked the sharpness of the image, although would have preferred if it filled out the screen.

I can't seem to get this particular plugin to work right though, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

On 1080p mode, it works fine. But EVERYTHING is lagging. I overclocked it already to max but it just keeps on lagging and for me is unplayable.
On 720p mode, it works okay but then the whole thing is zoomed in a little bit and it cuts off the edges of the screen.
Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

These are my settings:
- sharpscale plugin ON
- vitagrafix plugin OFF
- PSTV Display settings set to 720p

Thanks in advance! I always get excited when there's a new way to play P4G on the PS TV/Vita. Love that game to bits.

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to make a 1600x900 resolution mod? I'm playing with the 1080 mod and the slowdowns a bit too often in battles. Thanks.

Yes I can do that. I will also need to make an update to Sharpscale to allows arbitrary framebuffer sizes.

On 720p mode, it works okay but then the whole thing is zoomed in a little bit and it cuts off the edges of the screen.

If you are talking about a few lines cut off from the bottom, that is a consequence of the original 960x544 framebuffer resolution, which is a slightly different aspect ratio than 16:9. It's necessary to cut off a few lines to display the correct 3D image.

Offline awdrifter

• End User
    • View Profile
This is really awesome. I managed to make the normal Sharpscale + VitaGrafix work on my PS TV and I really liked the sharpness of the image, although would have preferred if it filled out the screen.

I can't seem to get this particular plugin to work right though, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

On 1080p mode, it works fine. But EVERYTHING is lagging. I overclocked it already to max but it just keeps on lagging and for me is unplayable.
Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

These are my settings:
- sharpscale plugin ON
- vitagrafix plugin OFF
- PSTV Display settings set to 720p

Thanks in advance! I always get excited when there's a new way to play P4G on the PS TV/Vita. Love that game to bits.

Most TV has an overscan adjustment, for my LG TV it is called Aspect Ratio, I choose "Just Scan" and it leaves just a small black border around the image. Look at you TV's user manual and see what options it has.

Offline speedgump

• End User
    • View Profile
Looks beautiful, works perfectly, however I have these weird white lines across the top of my PSTV when I use this. Any idea how to fix?

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
Looks beautiful, works perfectly, however I have these weird white lines across the top of my PSTV when I use this. Any idea how to fix?

That's probably not a problem with this plugin. If you've eliminated other factors then take a picture and follow the link in the OP to make a bug report.

Offline RubyOtaku

• End User
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm incredibly new to modding my Vita in any way. Basically just managed to install Henkaku, autoplugin and now Sharpscale.

Only reason I wanted to finally delve into the modding scene for this system is so that I can have the best possible time playing my digital copy of P4G on my PSTV.

I am at a total loss on how to edit code, I'm worried about not installing the right things and could really appreciate any full length guide.

Thank you!

Offline FMudanyali

• Hot Pockets
  • End User
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hi, I'm incredibly new to modding my Vita in any way. Basically just managed to install Henkaku, autoplugin and now Sharpscale.

Only reason I wanted to finally delve into the modding scene for this system is so that I can have the best possible time playing my digital copy of P4G on my PSTV.

I am at a total loss on how to edit code, I'm worried about not installing the right things and could really appreciate any full length guide.

Thank you!

Don't want to sound rude but you have to put an effort before asking questions as stated in rule 2: https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,2.0.html , you have been warned. There are many guides on google on how to install vita plugins. You can also ask on Henkaku discord server as theyre very helpful in installing plugins: https://discord.com/invite/m7MwpKA
!! I love the forums !!

Offline RubyOtaku

• End User
    • View Profile
Hi, yes I feel I have. I've been looking into this all the past week. Spend around 7 hours or so in total trying to install everything and get it running properly. When I search for certain things online I don't find a guide that makes sense to me. I have ASD so I benefit from visualising what I need to do and learning from watching others. Hence my initial request.

Thank you.

Offline RubyOtaku

• End User
    • View Profile
Got the patch working!!

I installed the 1080 patch, is it possible to also apply the 720 one too? I would love to compare the two on the fly.

Offline GoodazzRomeo

• End User
    • View Profile
I thougt it was a good Idea.
Shitty Idea to make this in the Dojima Residence lol
https://youtu.be/f6N4y0g2dps