Author Topic: [Release] Persona 4 Golden 1920x1080 and 1280x720 patch for Vita and PSTV  (Read 50392 times)

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
This patch changes the 3D render and framebuffer resolutions of Persona 4 Golden on the Vita and PSTV to 1920x1080 or 1280x720. 1920x1080 can be output to HDMI, 1280x720 can be output to HDMI or USB (udcd-uvc), or Vita users can enjoy a supersampled image directly on the screen.

Download

Installation

1. Install Persona 4 Golden and install the latest update, if available.
2. Install the latest version of Sharpscale and the configuration app.
3. Turn on "Unlock framebuffer size" in the Sharpscale configuration app.
4. Install p4goldenhd.suprx under the appropriate title ID in your taiHEN config.

PCSG00004 Japan
PCSG00563 Japan (reprint)
PCSE00120 North America
PCSB00245 Europe
PCSH00021 Asia

For example,

Code: [Select]
*PCSG00563
ur0:/tai/p4goldenhd.suprx

If you are experiencing problems:

1. Disable Vitagrafix for this game.
2. If the plugin is loaded, a message will appear in the top left corner when the game starts. If you do not see a message, then the plugin is not loaded. Verify your config file.

Performance

Overclocking is required for good performance. With 1920x1080, framerate ranges between 20-30 FPS, with 25-30 FPS in all but the most graphically intensive areas. With 1280x720, framerate is 30 FPS.

Changelog

2020-06-10 v1.0.1

- Fixed a bug where pre-rendered videos are black when using the undub patch in 1920x1080 mode

Preview (open for full size)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 07:23:47 PM by cuevavirus »

Offline Niko of Death

• End User
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to get this to output at 1080p (rather than 1080i) or is the vita tv hardware simply incapable of it?

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
1080p is possible at 30Hz, but there are some issues that I haven't been able to resolve. For example, some games will run at half the speed it normally runs at.

Offline Xerxeis

• End User
    • View Profile
https://ibb.co/nrJXGP8
Thank you sir working perfectly on my Vita Tv
More power to all of you guys.. thanks again

Offline cmgael

• End User
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot ! <3 im just having one tiny problem, im using psvshell as my overclocking plugin, once i installed the 720 patch to persona 4 i tried overclocking the game but it keeps crashing and rebooting the vita. It works fine on other games so i really dont know if its a problem from the patch or psvshell. Should i try another oc plugin?

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
This is a known problem of Psvshell with games that display larger than 960x544. You can do one of two things:

1. Disable the HD patch, set and save your overclock settings, then enable the HD patch again.
2. Use Lolicon which does not have this problem.

Offline awdrifter

• End User
    • View Profile
I can't overclock when running P4G (other games work). Is there any tricks to get it to overclock? Thanks.

Offline LPHero55

• End User
    • View Profile
Hello! Stupid user here. Where do i put in the code? I put the suprx with the others in the tai folder in ur0. I then go into the config.txt and put it under... *KERNEL? *main? *ALL? Make it it's own entry at the bottom? Top? Middle of the config.txt?

I don't have vitagrafix. I have the latest version of the game. I have the latest version of sharpscale and the configuration app. I'm trying to use the 720 version. What am I doing wrong?

Offline awdrifter

• End User
    • View Profile
I put the Sharpscale.skprx under *Kernel. Then the p4goldenhd.suprx (remember to rename the suprx and change to whatever game title ID your game is) at the very end of the config.

*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
ur0:tai/lolicon.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
ux0:tai/dsmotion.skprx
ur0:/tai/sharpscale.skprx
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*PCSB00245
ur0:tai/p4goldenhd.suprx
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 11:57:07 AM by awdrifter »

teakhanirons

I can't overclock when running P4G (other games work). Is there any tricks to get it to overclock? Thanks.
PSVShell menu doesn't show up with the patch. If you're on a PSTV, I recommend using lolita500. If you wanna use PSVShell still or are on a Vita; disable the patch, set the overclock, enable the patch again.

Offline awdrifter

• End User
    • View Profile
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I got LOLIcon plugin to work. I forgot to update my previous post.

Offline LPHero55

• End User
    • View Profile
I put the Sharpscale.skprx under *Kernel. Then the p4goldenhd.suprx (remember to rename the suprx and change to whatever game title ID your game is) at the very end of the config.

*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
ur0:tai/lolicon.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
ux0:tai/dsmotion.skprx
ur0:/tai/sharpscale.skprx
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*PCSB00245
ur0:tai/p4goldenhd.suprx

Wait... Does that mean I have to get rid of the "_1280x720" portion of the suprx file name? If so, how could I be so dumb!? If I'm incorrect, how can I continue to be so dumb!? Lol. Thanks, awdrifter

Offline LPHero55

• End User
    • View Profile
Okay, new question. Got it to work, thanks to help from awdrifter. It's 720p goodness, but it only displays in a small box in the middle of the screen, which kinda sucks, cuz I wanted full screen. I guess I'd have to do the 1080p version? Or is there a way to display full screen?

Offline awdrifter

• End User
    • View Profile
Sorry, I'm running the 1080p version, so I'm not entirely sure. Maybe try setting Scaling mode to Original in the Sharpscale Configuration Menu. If that doesn't work, you can also try going to Setting > Sound and Display and changing the TV resolution to 720p (default is automatic).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 11:10:02 PM by awdrifter »

Offline Diminuendo

• End User
    • View Profile
Amazing work. wonder if the new PC release can be used to create 1080p and 720p UI assets and character portraits. The PC version still looks a little rough around the edges and I think I'll stick to my Vita TV for now.