Game Modding > PS Vita

[Release] Catherine Full Body HD 1280x720 Patch

(1/4) > >>

cuevavirus:
For the first time ever, we are able to run a retail game for the Playstation Vita/TV rendered at 1280x720. This patch changes the 3D render and framebuffer resolutions of Catherine Full Body on the Vita and PSTV to 1280x720. 1280x720 can be output to HDMI or USB (udcd-uvc), or Vita users can enjoy a supersampled image directly on the screen.

Download

Video analysis by InquisitionImplied

Installation:

1. Install Catherine Full Body and the latest patch 1.03
2. (optional) Install froidsan's English patch
3. Install the latest version of Sharpscale
4. Turn on "Unlock framebuffer size" in the sharpscale config app
5. Install catherinefbhd.suprx under PCSG01179

--- Code: ---*PCSG01179
ur0:/tai/catherinefbhd.suprx

--- End code ---

Performance summary:

Make sure you use LOLIcon or lolita444/500. PSVShell will crash if you open the menu while the game is open. Recommend "game def" profile in LOLIcon. Overclocking from 444 to 500 made no difference in performance.

Framerate ranges from 20-30fps with overclocking, with 25-30 in gameplay.

InquisitionImplied has made a detailed spreadsheet comparing performance at different rendering resolutions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mxmenN6J5hfegMSFHiAY38kz6GbLzQvGXa1DgWlGMvA/edit#gid=0

I want to thank InquisitionImplied for the excellent video and all the supportive people at CBPS.

Changelog

2020-08-22 v1.2.0

- Fixed a crash when OSD is removed
- Updated OSD message

2020-06-13 v1.1.0

- File name changed to catherinefbhd.suprx
- OSD indicating patch success or failure
- Scale title logos

Preview images (open for full size)

dots_tb:
This is just an attempt to steal Atlus's hardwork all you did was enable HD.

Stuff:
This a pretty neat patch, I just made an account to say thanks. Do you think this would be possible for a Persona 4 Golden 720p Patch?

speed_xl:
The graphics are improved a lot, there's noticeable less aliasing, I wonder if using the NO ASLR plug in would increase performance? even better maybe disabling more system security checks or not essential processes would benefit running games at higher resolutions.

dots_tb:

--- Quote from: Stuff on May 06, 2020, 08:59:26 AM ---This a pretty neat patch, I just made an account to say thanks. Do you think this would be possible for a Persona 4 Golden 720p Patch?

--- End quote ---
Marbs (cuevavirus) said on Discord while he is not going to make anymore HD patches, he will consider making one for P4G.

--- Quote from: speed_xl on May 06, 2020, 07:03:20 PM ---The graphics are improved a lot, there's noticeable less aliasing, I wonder if using the NO ASLR plug in would increase performance? even better maybe disabling more system security checks or not essential processes would benefit running games at higher resolutions.

--- End quote ---

I think Marbs has also tried noASLR with Catherine and saw no difference, but perhaps more analysis is needed to see the difference or more work on noASLR needs to be done as it is targeted towards system applications.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version