Author Topic: [Release] Sharpscale - native 960x544 HDMI output for PSTV  (Read 134775 times)

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Sharpscale - native 960x544 HDMI output for PSTV
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2020, 06:57:05 AM »
Sharpscale version 1.5.0

- Texts in the configuration app has been changed for clarity
- Configuration app has a manual that can be opened from the LiveArea
- kernel plugin does not need to be updated

See OP for download.

Offline capsilver

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2020, 12:08:57 AM »
Look cuevavirus. Your plugin is famous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyNqB6_fsDM

Offline mic

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2020, 03:38:01 AM »
Sharpscale version 1.5.0

- Texts in the configuration app has been changed for clarity
- Configuration app has a manual that can be opened from the LiveArea
- kernel plugin does not need to be updated

See OP for download.
Hey i have an issue with the release, i installed it through autopluginii, now the vitatv doesnt work in any of my tvs, i try to boot without plugins (l1) but then no app wants to open, they get stuck , what do i do, nothing seems to work right now

Offline Alduin3000

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2020, 01:55:51 PM »
Hi!
I have a problem with my Vita TV output. After I have configurated sharpscale the 1080i option is disappared, and now my VitaTV can only output 480p and 720p.
I deactivated the plugin, but the 1080i option is still missing. What's happening here?

My goal is to set 1080i with integer scaling. I have 4K monitor.

Thanks in advance.

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2020, 08:37:31 PM »
Hey i have an issue with the release, i installed it through autopluginii, now the vitatv doesnt work in any of my tvs, i try to boot without plugins (l1) but then no app wants to open, they get stuck , what do i do, nothing seems to work right now

Please install Sharpscale using the files attached to the OP. We're unable to provide support for problems related to Autoplugin.

Hi!
I have a problem with my Vita TV output. After I have configurated sharpscale the 1080i option is disappared, and now my VitaTV can only output 480p and 720p.
I deactivated the plugin, but the 1080i option is still missing. What's happening here?

My goal is to set 1080i with integer scaling. I have 4K monitor.

Thanks in advance.

If the 1080i option is not available, your monitor may be sending incorrect EDID to the PSTV.

Offline zy

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2020, 07:59:53 PM »
I also ran across the problem of the scrolling not being smooth in SOTN and other 2D games when running with "Original" graphics in 720p.
So I messed around in the Adrenaline code and found a way to make it run better.

This is the change I made:
https://github.com/CruelTott/Adrenaline/commit/3e05688e178b082c8353a38ae382aeb1f15aac62

Maybe it will be useful to some of you.

Incredible.

Also thank you cuevavirus , this an amazing App and incredible work.

AS I continue to test this using 720P, fitted, and using point I'm unsure of why double dragon on retroarch is having some sorta of pixel wobble as I move my character up or down of you look at his eyes they sorta shrink or expand . It's really hard to photograph or tell but yeah the problem is also there even without the sharpscale app.

I'm wondering if anyone has any clue of what I'm talking about and if anyone can give me any pointers.

Offline zy

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2020, 08:38:42 PM »
Follow up question.
Does this app disable the ability to shrink or enlarge the screen size via the display and settings on the Vita TV settings?

I'm no longer unable to shrink it or enlarge the screen unless I delete sharpscale .

Could anyone test this and see if you are able to use that menu feature with sharpscale installed?

Offline mantixero

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2020, 05:08:17 AM »
I've also noticed tearing with bilinear filtering off in a PSP game but not in SotN. Maybe turning it off causes something to go out of sync and that's why without this plugin bilinear filtering is enforced in Pspemu.

Is this the tearing you're talking about? It only occurs for me in Adrenaline's PSP menu and PSP games, not in PS1 or Vita games or the Vita menu. It's very noticeable in sharpscale's "real" mode, but it's still there in "integer" mode as well, albeit at the bottom of the screen. I've tried CruelTott's modified module as well, but the tearing is unaffected. Thank you for making flawless 1:1 Vita captures a reality cuevavirus. PSP is nearly there!

Offline ribald_om

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2020, 08:59:34 PM »
Follow up question.
Does this app disable the ability to shrink or enlarge the screen size via the display and settings on the Vita TV settings?

I'm no longer unable to shrink it or enlarge the screen unless I delete sharpscale .

Could anyone test this and see if you are able to use that menu feature with sharpscale installed?

Allowing you to change the screen size would entirely defeat the purpose of this plugin. In order to preserve the integrity of the pixels they can only be multiplied evenly. This means the most it can fill your screen is determined by a combination of the resolution of the game combined with the resolution you have the Vita TV set to. You should watch this video to get an idea of what's possible. Some games can fill the entire screen but again that's determined by the resolution of the content and if multiples evenly into 720 or 1080:

https://youtu.be/EyNqB6_fsDM

As for retroarch I'd go into the retroarch video settings and turn off bilinear filtering. If that doesn't work, I'd ask at either the wololo.net or gba.temp forum threads dedicated to the Vita retroarch port, and if that doesn't help the github page of the specific retroarch core you're using to run Double Dragon.

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2020, 10:42:17 PM »
Is this the tearing you're talking about? It only occurs for me in Adrenaline's PSP menu and PSP games, not in PS1 or Vita games or the Vita menu. It's very noticeable in sharpscale's "real" mode, but it's still there in "integer" mode as well, albeit at the bottom of the screen. I've tried CruelTott's modified module as well, but the tearing is unaffected. Thank you for making flawless 1:1 Vita captures a reality cuevavirus. PSP is nearly there!

Yes that is exactly the problem. Happens to PSP games when bilinear filtering is turned off. Still don't know why.

Offline kristianity77

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2020, 12:36:30 PM »
Ive installed this plugin and the configuration app in order to try and get rid of ps1 stutter I was getting in adrenaline, more obvious in 2d sidescrolling games.

The plugin I've installed correctly and the conguration app appears to start with no issues, and I replaced the adrenaline_user.skrpx file that is linked here also.

problem is, im still getting frame pacing issues in games like Alundra, Castlevania, Rayman etc . 

Im using a Vita Slim, using the latest Adrenaline 6.9. Can someone who is not having these issues let me know what settings they are choosing etc in order for this to work?  I'm not too fussed about the overall image quality on the screen, I just want rid of the frame pacing issues which have plagued Adrenaline since it was first released if possible.

Offline zy

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2020, 11:54:21 PM »
Anyone know why castlevania sotn (psp version, the one that unlocks after you beat rondo) still manages to look blurry as if the bilinear filters couldn't be removed?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:55:58 PM by zy »

Offline Yosamite

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2020, 04:21:29 PM »
I have a PAL PSTV and am trying to get this plugin working with no joy. It has been a long time since I messed about with it and so am no expert. Running Henkaku 3.65. I know installing this with Auto Plugin is not recommended but I tried only for it to crash when I run the config app. When I try to manually install from here then I get the plugin is not loaded or an incompatible version when trying to run the config. What I did notice is the auto plugin *.skprx file is 12.88kB (v 1.3.0) whereas the latest version here is 4.88kB. Is there a problem with the file from here? I simply cannot get the file to load from here and the one in Auto Plugin simply crashes.

Offline ceevee

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2020, 12:49:29 AM »
Thank you so much for this plugin! I did not enjoy various PS1 emulation methods (default PSTV, PS Classic, GPUs without integer scaling, etc.). But this plugin with my PSTV looks great for PS1 games.

Perhaps this is intended behavior, but my PSTV set to 1080i has larger black borders in PS1 games (Adrenaline) than set to 720p on a 1080p TV (plugin settings: integer, point, 4:3). I set the PSTV to 720p to get a bigger picture. The opposite happens in Retroarch. I have to set the PSTV to 1080i to get a bigger picture (smaller black borders).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 12:51:04 AM by ceevee »

Offline rmatheso

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2020, 02:24:30 AM »
Anyone know why castlevania sotn (psp version, the one that unlocks after you beat rondo) still manages to look blurry as if the bilinear filters couldn't be removed?

There is a setting for changing the video aspect ratio to original. Sprites look better but the game is framed in a weird double box.

BTW, sharpscale is a revelation on PSP and PS1 games. Really nice! I compared Metal Slug 3 Vita vs. PSP and when video is set to original, the PSP version actually looks better with sharpscale. Just crazy.