Author Topic: [Release] Sharpscale - native 960x544 HDMI output for PSTV  (Read 134675 times)

Offline as905

• End User
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Sharpscale - native 960x544 HDMI output for PSTV
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2020, 05:57:53 AM »
I did mention the CruelTott patch in my initial post; is the fix you're talking about separate from that one? https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php?topic=112.msg293#msg293

yes this is the one

Offline Keiyuu

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2020, 06:13:16 AM »
First of all, thanks a lot for your great work! It made PS1 games on my PSTV actually playable. ;D
I have a question/request. Would it be possible to add some kind of interpolated scaling which isn't bilinear?
Something that adds only an unnoticeable amount of blur to keep pixels sharp enough, but remove scaling artifacts like shimmering during screen scrolling in 2D games.
Bilinear is far to blurry for my taste.  :(

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2020, 10:27:13 PM »
Bilinear scaling is performed in hardware. There are no other scaling methods available and it's not feasible to do with software.

Offline xxx256

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2020, 08:55:36 PM »
I have a problem with the latest Sharpscale plugin. I have an 21:9 monitor. And in order to get a 16:9 picture on my PSTV, i need to set the resolution to "automatic" in the vita display settings. However after installing the sharpscale thingie the picture now is ALWAYS either 21:9 stretched, which is kind of nasty for playing vita games, or windowed. Could you please add an option to force 16:9 to the next update? Thank you so much and keep up the great work! Love the plugin.

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2020, 12:00:03 AM »
Looks like you need to adjust the scaling options on your monitor. Sharpscale does not affect the HDMI output resolution.

Offline xxx256

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2020, 01:24:20 AM »
You are right about that. I did that earlier and i am back to 16:9. Thanks anyway.  :)

Offline omghelpmee

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2020, 08:52:52 AM »
Hopefully someone here can help..

I recently tried out this plugin, installing through autoplugin II, and i noticed my PSP games would show either a black screen or colorful static, with the sounds and game buttons working.

i tried to remove the plugins, but everytime i open up adrenaline, its as if the plugin is still active.

if anyone can help me figure this out and completely remove all trace of this plugin so that i can play my PSP games again.

i'd like to avoid formatting everything and restarting from the beginning if possible.

Offline mathieulh

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2021, 08:23:38 PM »
I wonder, is there a way to output native 240p/480i for PSP and PS1 software over hdmi?

Offline ecto

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2021, 10:31:29 AM »
Hi! Thanks for this great plugin! Im using it on my PSTV and I'm honestly blown away! I'm not yet sure if I should enable or disable the bilinear filtering, but maybe I have to choose on a per-game base.

I have a question though:
I've read through the whole thread to learn about sharpscale. Somewhere near the beginning you said, that 1080/30p should be possible. Do you still think that it can be implemented? That would make sharpscale even better, imho.

Anyways, thanks again!

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2021, 09:38:11 PM »
I wonder, is there a way to output native 240p/480i for PSP and PS1 software over hdmi?
Hi! Thanks for this great plugin! Im using it on my PSTV and I'm honestly blown away! I'm not yet sure if I should enable or disable the bilinear filtering, but maybe I have to choose on a per-game base.

I have a question though:
I've read through the whole thread to learn about sharpscale. Somewhere near the beginning you said, that 1080/30p should be possible. Do you still think that it can be implemented? That would make sharpscale even better, imho.

Anyways, thanks again!

Regarding these, I've been able to do 1080p30 and other custom resolutions some time ago, although I haven't had the time to release these, but I am still planning to release these in the future.

Offline fehmi

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2021, 05:03:25 AM »
Regarding these, I've been able to do 1080p30 and other custom resolutions some time ago, although I haven't had the time to release these, but I am still planning to release these in the future.
Custom resolutions will be the perfect way to improve an already impressive plugin.

If possible, I would really appreciate 576p resolution as this is the closest to the native Vita screen. I am using my PS TV with an mClassic upscaler and 576p would be a noticable upgrade over 480p.

Offline Pentatus

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2021, 01:07:17 PM »
Please try this debug build and upload the log files at ur0:/sharpscale.log and ux0:/sharpscale-config.log

Ok so i have the same Problem that sharpscale won´t start.
Because I am new to the whole thing it´s very possible that i messed up something.

I bought a PS Vita TV a few days ago and updated it from 3.30 to 3.73. Then I installed h-encore and downgraded to 3.60.
After that i run Enso for the permanent unlock.
I also installed VitaShell, Adrenaline and usbmc for permanent use of an usb-stick as memory card.

Now i wanted to run Sharpscale.
I took your sharpscale.skprx and send it via FTP to ur0:tai/
In the same Folder is an config.txt and there i filled in a Line after *Kernel with says ur0:tai/sharpscale.skprx
I also installed your sharpscale_config.vpk

But after a restart sharpscale isn´t active.
When i start your Config-App i get the error:
FATAL ERROR
Sharpscale kernel module not loaded or incompatible version.

I also tried to install it via the Autoplugin II App - same result.

I downloaded your debug files and run them.
But i only get the log file ux0:sharpscale-config.log
The other file you mentioned ur0:sharpscale.log is missing and i don´t know why.
I uploaded the sharpsacel-config.log as well as my config.txt.

I hope you can help me, I don´t get what I am doing wrong here.

Greetings
Steve

Offline cuevavirus

• Hot Pockets
  • Useful Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2021, 04:30:44 PM »
The other file you mentioned ur0:sharpscale.log is missing and i don´t know why.

The reason is sharpscale was not loaded. Maybe because the file path is wrong or another config.txt has higher precedence than the one you edited.

Offline Pentatus

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2021, 05:00:19 PM »
The reason is sharpscale was not loaded. Maybe because the file path is wrong or another config.txt has higher precedence than the one you edited.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked what you said about higher precedence config files and rebooted my PSTV without my USB-Stick.
And on the "old" internal storage ux0: there was an folder ux0:/tai/config.txt
So i deleted the folder, turned off my PSTV and restarted with the USB-Stick inserted.
Now Sharpscale is loaded without problems and your config app is working.
So the old config.txt must be the issue, it´s important to delete the tai folder (or the config.txt) on the internal storage before permanently mounting an USB-Stick as ux0.
Somehow that internal store is still active in the background on startup.

Offline omghelpmee

• End User
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2022, 03:37:33 PM »
Can someone help, maybe a dev member who helped create this plugin.

All my psp games stopped working after installing and trying to uninstall this plugin.

I'm assuming even though i uninstalled the plugin, some of the config files were changed and were not reverted back.

I also would not prefer to format everything and start from zero, thanks.

https://youtu.be/eTRetmoA2rQ