Author Topic: [Release] BetterTrackPlug - Keep Track Of Your Games  (Read 7149 times)

Offline FMudanyali

• Hot Pockets
  • End User
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
[Release] BetterTrackPlug - Keep Track Of Your Games
« on: March 21, 2020, 04:57:16 PM »

What is this?
A plugin that keeps track of how long you played your games, and an app to show you the values.

How is this "Better"?
- As it's rewritten as a kernel plugin, the files that record the playtime won't ever get corrupted.
- It only writes to file when you close/launch or suspend/resume the games so it doesn't murder your memory card, unlike the old one.
- Complete support for Adrenaline and Adrenaline Bubbles.
- You can add apps/games you selected to a blacklist (located at ux0:/data/TrackPlug/blacklist.txt)
- The app works at 60FPS instead of 30FPS.

How do I install this?
Get it from here: https://github.com/fmudanyali/BetterTrackPlug/releases
Just put BetterTrackPlug.skprx under *KERNEL in config.txt

Code: [Select]
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/BetterTrackPlug.skprx

and install the vpk.
Don't forget to reboot, since you're also installing a plugin.

How do I use this?
- UP/DOWN to navigate.
- Triangle to prompt clearing playtime of the selected record, asks if you want to blacklist if you do clear the playtime.

Notes

I would advise you to set up your bubbles in a way that their title ID's will be the same as the corresponding PSP game's title ID instead of the default PSPEMUXXX, this way, they will use the same file that stores the playtime and you won't see the game twice on the list if you launch it both from bubble or directly from adrenaline.

As it's currently not possible for me to extract icons from inside Adrenaline, games launched directly from Adrenaline won't have any icons if there is no corresponding bubble for the said game. I also don't think it would be efficient even if I knew how to do it.

Please let me know if you see any bugs, it would be extremely helpful.

Credits
- Special thanks to teakhanirons, dots-tb, cuevavirus and Team CBPS for helping me make this plugin and not losing their minds because of my questions. Without their help I wouldn't even know where to start.
- Rinnegatamante for LPP-Vita and making the idea of TrackPlug in the first place.
- Electry for his code chunk responsible for getting titles inside Adrenaline.
- ecamci for making the assets.
- chinseng85 for adding the ability to store games' icons so when you remove them, you will still be able to see their icons.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 02:43:00 AM by fmudanyali »
!! I love the forums !!

Offline FMudanyali

• Hot Pockets
  • End User
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Re: [Release] BetterTrackPlug - Keep Track Of Your Games
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 04:50:20 PM »
2020-09-22

Changed to DolceSDK to save 32KB system memory. Use the latest binary if you have way too many plugins and getting the error "C1-2569-2" when launching a program, which means "Not enough free system-reserved RAM to start the application." according to Graphene.
!! I love the forums !!

Offline FMudanyali

• Hot Pockets
  • End User
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Re: [Release] BetterTrackPlug - Keep Track Of Your Games
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 02:32:34 AM »
2020-09-26

Update v1.1

- Added blacklist support (Will prompt if you clear the playtime by pressing TRIANGLE)
- Fixed a bug where games with line-breaks in their names would display incorrectly
- Fixed compiler warnings
!! I love the forums !!