Console Hacking > General

frame pacing performance issue PS1/adrenaline

<< < (2/4) > >>

kristianity77:
Hi.  I tried that when I seen it a few days ago.  It didn't work for me I still had the issues.  It wasn't a new version of adrenlaine I don't think, just one small file to replace

zy:
It worked for me and others
Castlevania sotn is pixel perfect and the frame pacing is flawless.

Make sure you have the latest version of adrenaline and follow the simple instructions that crueltott layed out in that post.

kristianity77:
Aren't you all using ps vita TVs though?  I have the latest adrenaline installed and all I did was change the adrenaline_user.suprx file that he has on his link.  I then restarted my vita, tried adrenaline again and have exactly the same problem.  This is both an oled and a slim. 

Edit

Do you have to have the sharpscale plugin installed also for this to work? On a regular vita, not a vita tv?

kristianity77:
Im assuming people are having none of the issues im having an now ive run out of ideas to try and fix this.  Ive tried the fixes esehwere in the forum and they just do not work.

Can someone else with a vita that doesnt think they are having issues please try a game that is really easy to spot the frame pacing issues.  Rayman 1 is a perfect example.  If someone tries this and gets a 60fps smooth lock then I really need to know what you are doing to get there as I can do nothing to solve issues on a load of games.

https://youtu.be/wgM3mjkSfvk

Thats Rayman, viewed in 60fps to make it easier to see the problems

With regards to Alundra and Rayman this is what I have tried:

Both games USA Versions from PKGJ - frame pacing issues
Downloaded ISO files (USA) converted to .PBP files with little to no compression to rule that out - no difference
Disabled all plugins on vita system - no difference.
2 different Micro SD Cards - No difference
222/333 speed switches on PSP - no difference
Messed with all official settings and adrenaline settings - no difference
Two Vitas tested on, a slim and an oled - no difference.

Both files tested on an original PSP3000 - Both games flawless, no Frame Pacing issues at all.

Am stuck :D

kristianity77:
I know that anyone that reads this part is going to think im nuts and hasnt got a clue what they are talking about, but I believe Ive figured out the reason for my stutters, but not how to fix them.

Its sound related.

Hear me out.

Alundra - the stutter is easy to see when going left to right accross the screen, in the opening area once the game starts proper.  Whats not so easy to spot, is that the stutter is linked to the sound.  A couple of drum beats and symbols that play at the same time, cause the video stutter.  Its that accurate, I can now predict where the stutter comes in, and it does , 100% of the time.

So I thought then that this may be an issue with SD card read speeds etc.  But again, provided you are in a PS1 game that doesnt require a load (Alundra, you can run around the village, with the music and sound effects playing) without loading.  So all of that must sit in memory.  You can test this because you can remove the SD2Vita, and the game will carry on playing, and continue to stutter in the same place, due to sound.  So it cannot be an SD issue?  I think, although im no expert in the slightest, that video stutters, are caused by sound.  At least in my case!

But it would be nice if people could test what ive tested, to see if they dont get it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version