Author Topic: [Release][RETool] ioPlus 0.1 - efficiently elevate IO  (Read 10574 times)

Offline dots_tb

• Refugee
    • View Profile
[Release][RETool] ioPlus 0.1 - efficiently elevate IO
« on: June 18, 2020, 07:16:53 AM »
Jayjay (@BigBlackOniiSan) again had pushed me to do something, this time because of his Random Hentai plugin, and now ioPlus is updated.

ioPlus works by re-validating mount points that would previously be invalidated by a fios2 mount point causing files to be inaccessible by plugins.

If you are using a previous ioPlus build, please update to this one by replacing your ioplus.skprx with the download provided.

What's new:
Along with directory support, this ioPlus does the elevation at the beginning of the app startup, like rePatch v3, rather than with each IO call making it hopefully more efficient.

This version also migrates to DolceSDK.

If you have any issues please report them.

Install:
As stated before, you may already have a previous build, please just replace it with the download provided.

If you do not have it, it goes under the *KERNEL section of your config.txt.

Please be aware that this elevates the IO of all applications, so use at your own risk.

Download:
https://github.com/CelesteBlue-dev/PSVita-RE-tools/blob/master/ioPlus/ioPlus-0.1/release/ioplus.skprx
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:18:27 AM by dots_tb »

Offline speedgump

• End User
    • View Profile
Re: [Release][RETool] ioPlus 0.1 - efficiently elevate IO
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 07:25:37 AM »
I've never really gotten into the more technical side of Vita hacking, what exactly is IO? Temp storage?

Offline dots_tb

• Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [Release][RETool] ioPlus 0.1 - efficiently elevate IO
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 07:59:55 AM »
I've never really gotten into the more technical side of Vita hacking, what exactly is IO? Temp storage?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input/output

So now IOplus, since IO permission becomes elevated. It is a tool for developers and is used in conjunction with their plugins, usually to access directories beyond ux0:/data.

On official games, this is prohibited, even a folder within ux0:/data is prohibited.